Camera Target - Parent Rotation

photo

I've been asked to create a camera that is looking at the center of a world/scene.  While rotating around the scene 360 degrees the camera will slowly go from high above the scene *maybe 45 degrees, to low to the ground.

I've tried creating a persecutor, I've tried setting up a node that the camera is parented to and rotating the node...but nothing seems to affect the camera.

Am I doing something wrong, is there another way I can create a similar animation?  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, silent said:

Hi Trey,

Did you specify persecutor target? Could you please provide a small test scene with that behavior?

Thanks!

Yes I added a NULL and then targeted that in the persecutor properties.  Let me see if I can replicate in a test scene.  

Hey.

I just had to make a camera like that so I used just dummies and a PlayerDummy.

The hirarchy I did, because I wanted to control the rotations seperately.

So the base Dummy for the z rotation and the next one for the up/down angle.

Maybe that helps.

Best.

Like that: see Image:

Capture.JPG

On 11/11/2018 at 5:36 AM, werner.poetzelberger said:

Hey.

I just had to make a camera like that so I used just dummies and a PlayerDummy.

The hirarchy I did, because I wanted to control the rotations seperately.

So the base Dummy for the z rotation and the next one for the up/down angle.

Maybe that helps.

Best.

Like that: see Image:

Capture.JPG

Well,  I can try this, but that seems quite overkill...in other apps I would be able to control all three axis from the one node that my camera is parented to.  I'm guessing that without all three dummy's Unigine is not doing any translation to the camera object below...or something.  

Would love to see this improved/more standard...unless there is a good reason I don't know about.  There sometimes is, especially when you don't know the background of an app like me...I'm fairly new to Unigine.

Thanks for the reply...I'll check it out.

Sure its not a streamlined method. 
I guess when you program it, it is much easier to achieve. 
As I can only use the editor and in this case the tracke tool for animation, I found that qite convinient.(Didnt ask our programmer for such simple stuff oO)

2 minutes ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Sure its not a streamlined method. 
I guess when you program it, it is much easier to achieve. 
As I can only use the editor and in this case the tracke tool for animation, I found that qite convinient.(Didnt ask our programmer for such simple stuff oO)

Yea Im in the same boat.  Just using the Editor and Tracker Tool.  My probably initially was I wasn't getting any response with rotation after parenting camera.  However I did not have all three nodes like you..just one.  Thinking like other apps that would be able to control all three axis with one node.  I'll try your setup soon and see if I get any different response.

Certainly a work around in my opinion for now..