[SOLVED] Vector roads on Landscape not aligned correctly, some missing

photo

Hello, 

I'm working to establish a pipeline between GlobalMapper and Unigine 2.7.1 for large scale geo-referenced landscape creation. For GlobalMapper export each data source utilizes Mercator / WGS84 / meters.

To test, I am using three data sources: roads.shp, heightmap.tif, and roads_raster.tif. The latter two being Geotiffs that I use in height and albedo to debug. They share the same metadata and I can confirm that their placement relative to each other appears correct.

Within GlobalMapper, the data sources line up accurately with the roads.shp across the entire sample area, as I would expect, but in Unigine the roads.shp is offset the further South I go as if it's utilizing a different alignment method than the raster data. It should be noted that when I generate debug vegetation with "Adjust terrain heights and masks" enabled, the result masking is also misaligned with the generated road mesh decals.

I am still new to Unigine, so I understand there could be something I'm missing. Any information that can help me to solve my alignment issue would be awesome,

Thank you!

GlobalMapper showing proper alignment:

03.thumb.jpg.e3bc4102a1a7c11a27b8fb5f26673066.jpg

01.thumb.jpg.86fa46a8d6452428a63f5f31e0576888.jpg

Unigine with the same data set showing improper alignment, only appearing correct near map center:

04.thumb.jpg.5c2f02175f2412c654af249fd7d157f0.jpg02.thumb.jpg.46353c4bd83af9752de39a9cd07187c9.jpg

I'd also like to note that towards the map borders chunks of road from the roads.shp are not being generated by Unigine.

GlobalMapper displaying the roads.shp layer as red lines:

06.jpg.96f07981ec98805f1b1389d90cc95af2.jpg

Unigine displaying no mesh decal roads generated from the above roads.shp:

05.thumb.jpg.4f3de771e92d4e33048d3fcf8c81c6fc.jpg

Adjust terrain heights and masks uses the roads.shp but is somehow misaligned with the generated mesh decal roads as well: 

07.thumb.jpg.46bf8aeb96af4dace221e0196651e5b8.jpg

Hello Josh,

I assume you created "curved" terrain, but the created decals are still "flat". To check this you can unparent landscape object from geodetic pivot and verify roads alignment. If everything is okay, you have two options:

a. Return Landscape to geodetic pivot, then select decal object and press once "Make curved" button. This will modify Decal Mesh according to the surface curvature. Stick to this option only if you need to imitate Earth roundness.

b. Keep the landscape without geodetic pivot

You can read more on this object here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.2/objects/geodetics/geodeticpivot/

If this doesn't solve your problem, please, attach landscape source files so I'd be able to check it more carefully.

Thank you!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Vector roads on Landscape not aligned correctly, some missing