Mesh Clutter Use

photo

I must be missing something...or things could be improved here.  It seems to use a mesh clutter or other similar instancing in Unigine you must select a MESH inside an FBX or other object.  This item has not been textured or surfaced.  So we must re-do the textures.

Could we not make this option allow us to choose an already textured item or even a NODE?  Hopefully I'm missing something....

Thanks for any guidance, or improvements to this workflow.  

Hi Trey,

when creating a Mesh Clutter you need to assign a material, yes, it has to be done again. If you already have pre-designed material in Unigine just drag it once on your Clutter object, so there's no need to re-do textures.

You also can create WorldClutter by adding a ready node, but it gives fewer optimizations: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.2/objects/worlds/world_clutter/

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

11 hours ago, morbid said:

Hi Trey,

when creating a Mesh Clutter you need to assign a material, yes, it has to be done again. If you already have pre-designed material in Unigine just drag it once on your Clutter object, so there's no need to re-do textures.

You also can create WorldClutter by adding a ready node, but it gives fewer optimizations: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.2/objects/worlds/world_clutter/

Thanks!

Understood and yes for some clutters that may be "ok" to have to REDO what had already been done.  However imagine a clutter of vegitation where you have many objects with many materials....we are now spending 10-15 mins dragging and dropping finding and locating materials that have already been setup.

Seems in the programming side this could be much improved.  Even if it was an option to MAP materials or something.  Finding the material names in the project and then mapping them in script.

Small things like this go a long way for production environments...

I understand that this isn't a perfect pipeline.

The good news is that we're working on copy/paste feature that will allow you to copy all surfaces parameters (including assigned materials) to the clutter from the unique object. This will make Clutter and Cluster creation much easier.

Thank you for the feedback!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

1 minute ago, morbid said:

I understand that this isn't a perfect pipeline.

The good news is that we're working on copy/paste feature that will allow you to copy all surfaces parameters (including assigned materials) to the clutter from the unique object. This will make Clutter and Cluster creation much easier.

Thank you for the feedback!

That sounds promising.  Nothing is perfect, but progress and continued development is always welcomed!  Thanks for the feedback.