Dynamic Cubemap backing flickering

photo

We r using Environment Probe for dynamic reflections in basically standard settings.

In some angles, situations I recognize, that the cubemap is flickering, caused by the rendering.

This is visible in objects at certain angles.

It is very obvious by rendering 1 Face/frame and at 6 faces/frame quicker flickering.

It does nearly disappear by deactivating TAA!

It is getting less visible, the higher the resolution of the cubamap is, but it doesnt disappear.

Is this a known issue?

Thx. Werner

Hey. So I am narrowing it down a bit.

The issue is more a parallax surface. This surface is causing the main flickering in the cubemap together with the TAA.

And in detail, it is the NOISE parameter in the parallax setting (Material). Turning the noise to 0, then the flickering stops even using TAA.

So that might be reproducable I guess.

Thx.

Werner

Hello werner,

Can you please provide some video capture of flickering you are experiencing? Do you get flickering on parallax surface, or in reflection of parallax surface, or the whole cubemap itself flickers? Flickering of some pixels can be expected with TAA on low resolutions, you can experience it even without dynamic probe. 

Thanks

need a possibility to send it.

The video is 200 MB

OKAY. I use the ftp upload..... Thx

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hello werner,

Unfortunately this is expected behavior with such setup. Noised texture with low resolution causes TAA flickering. It's doesn't relate to reflections or probes, it's just how TAA works. The best way to reduce flickering is to use higher resolution of dynamic reflection

Sorry for the inconvenience caused