Light Types Projecting Image

photo

Hello,

I want to Project a rectangular image via a light.

Using a rectangular light projection produces a distorted projection, as well rounded edges.

How can I simulate that?
The light has the 'nice' possibility to simulate a back projection screen, as when using a translucent material it shines through.

A decal cant do that. ;(

image.thumb.png.940744b2cc72ad80d9e303038b042089.png

image.thumb.png.80847eda9a7fc84527598efe343d678d.png

One possibility is to modify the projected image like this...... as Black doesnot emit.

But its not too comfy to edit it as there is no possibility to move or scale the image in the light.

But its not too bad :)

image.thumb.png.6220d136532bf52127a242de0234329b.png

Actually via a DUMMY I can scale the light...... :o , that helps.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Nevertheless its not optimal.

My idea is, to simulate an projector.

For that I need to be able to control the image more precisely.
The first important thing is, that I would be able to specify the exact image output in pixel and aspect ratio.
The light parameters would be second place and then the possibility to position the image like shifting and cropping.
Basically what a real projector can do.

If features like this would be possible, then the whole 'projector sim' starts to make sense. Another feature needed is the 'Media Texture'.

So a texture, which can be used in material slots as well with the lights for playing and controlling media files of certain formats. As well a feature like a stream from e.g. camera or web would be great, as well the possibility, to render a scene camera into a texture (render texture) and to display it via that media texture.

These features would widen the possibilities for using media with Unigine. (?) I think so.

Best.

Werner

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hi Werner,

I guess that can be done via code (custom object or modified light shader) and additional video streaming via plugin that interacts sends pre-rendered frames to a texture.

Out of the box such features are not available and releases schedule is already filled with other improvements, so it will be impossible to insert another one in between. Video material sounds like a good idea, but I think it will not be available until 3.x version.

Thank you for the suggestions!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: