Glowing water bug and its effect for light baking.

photo

Hello,

I do not know exactly, but from some version 2.7.2 I have a problem with water that you can see on the attached pictures.  Water has an unpleasant glowing effect.

Moreover, when I tested the baking of light in a new location (Guild of Priests )  i have found that this error will also appear in the ressult. 

edit : The specific water and coordinates are in the picture.

edit2: The problem does not appear regularly and depends on the angle you are looking at the water

frame_0007.jpg

frame_0009.jpg

report1.jpg

report2.jpg

Edited by m.c.
1 hour ago, morbid said:

Hi,

I''ve reproduced this for once. Any patterns/clues on how to "break" water mesh?

Thanks.

This started after one update some time ago. All local water surfaces are doing this. If you create new water surface, just apply same material and from some angle it will do this.

Edited by demostenes

This is a tough one, to be honest.

After a couple of hours, I can say that this artifact depends on WaterGlobal. However, I can't get a stable scene for our developers. In your repo it happens 1-3 times and after that bug "disappears".

For sure I'll give it another try, but I will really appreciate if you'll try to make a small scene with water meshes.

Thank you.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

9 minutes ago, morbid said:

This is a tough one, to be honest.

After a couple of hours, I can say that this artifact depends on WaterGlobal. However, I can't get a stable scene for our developers. In your repo it happens 1-3 times and after that bug "disappears".

For sure I'll give it another try, but I will really appreciate if you'll try to make a small scene with water meshes.

Thank you.

Well, I saw some local water refactoring in roadmap, so if this is still actual (?), it is question, if it really makes sense to try to replicate this....

• 2 weeks later...