How to sync FieldAnimation and Particles

photo

Hello,

I am dynamically loading on the master a node that contain some FieldAnimation, ObjectParticles and dynamic meshes (a simple Cuboid). When calling Syncker::Master::createNode() I get these message in the console:

13:21:09 Syncker::Master::createNode(): unsupported node type "ObjectMeshDynamic"
13:21:09 Syncker::Master::createNode(): unsupported node type "FieldAnimation"

Is it a known limitations (not listed in the doc) ? I wanted my CIGI component to spawn some effect (rotor->rotorwash, turbine->heat waves, etc.). What would be the recommended workaround ? 

Hi Amerio,

Is it a known limitations (not listed in the doc)?
Yeah, it is a known limitation. List of the supported types are here (Synchronizing Nodes/Materials topic): https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.2/code/cpp/plugins/syncker/customize
What does it mean: Syncker can't synchronize changed values of this specific nodes. For example, FieldAnimation does not change the leaf/stem/wind values on Slaves if they change on Master.

What would be the recommended workaround?
1) Try to add support for these nodes in SynckerSerializer.h/cpp file
2) Use user udp/tcp messages via Syncker

Best regards,
Alexander

Hi Amerio,

Our goal is to add support for Syncker for all the internal objects (like FieldHeight and Particles). However, there is no strict schedule which objects will go first. I will try to rise the priority of these two objects for the future releases.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: