Mask water with geo texture

photo

Hello,

Currently, the only way to mask water is with a FieldSpacer. Our problem is we have a very large terrain that is very close to the sea level (<5m), with some complex forms that would require a lot of manually placed FieldSpacer. And we must use a high beaufort sea, which complexify even further :(

I would suggest adding a FieldSpacer that supports a georeferenced 1-bit texture, or better directly add a georeferenced mask tag to the global water object.

Thanks you.

Hello Stephane,

is the problem in waves appearing from the "underground"? Please, check the screenshot attached. If so, you can use FieldShoreline objects that will ease the waves.

If I misunderstood you, please, give us a context of a task you're trying to solve.

By the way, the number of Field Spacer is API dependent, with DirectX you can have up to 341 and 42 with OpenGL.

Thank you!

waves.PNG

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yes, the pb is with waves poking through the ground everywhere in the terrain, not just on the shore, because the terrain elevation is very low.

Adding FieldSpacer is cumbersome when the shore is not a straight line. For info, our terrain is here: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4617056,5.0181301,12z

Would you recommend adding a very large FieldSpacer plus dozens of smaller FieldSpacer near the shores ?

12 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Would you recommend adding a very large FieldSpacer plus dozens of smaller FieldSpacer near the shores ?

It worth trying to use a couple of Field Shorelines along a shore and Filed Spacers for areas where waves keep poking. I did a quick test on this, please check the video attached. Shoreline can eliminate most of the waves. I took elevation from mentioned above coordinates.

I'm not aware what your scene is like, so please let us know how it goes. I guess shoreline + spacers will do the thing.

The region you're working on is a little complicated because of multiple water types (channels, gulf, sea). We'll think of possible improvements, but I'm not sure that water mask could be totally automated with current terrain and water objects.

Thank you!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: