Creating a Cluster with .mesh

photo

So I've read up on Creating a Cluster here: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.2/objects/objects/mesh_cluster/?words=mesh%2Ccluster#highlight

However it talks about having .mesh files.  I'm confused on how these are created and how they are properly used.  Please follow...

1. I have pulled in the Add-On Vegitation pack.  In there, there are only FBX and node files for geometry/objects.

2. If I pull one of these in and right click on the world hiarchy I can get a .mesh from that. However the materials are gone, so I re-map the materials.  The wind now make the tree spring up and down rather than gentle left and right.

What is the best way to create a .mesh file from an asset already put together inside the Editor?  

What I would like and maybe I'm using the wrong things...is a piece of geometry that I create in my content creation software  that is the boundary of a randomly placed SET of objects.  Think trees...  I could create the boundary of the trees, then add into that system all the different trees/vegitation I want and have them randomly placed, each of them having different percentages of use.

I'm probably missing something, as I'm pretty sure this is done alot in Flight Sim...  Let me know what I've missed or where to look.  Thanks!

Fbx has its .mesh counterpart in /runtime. You can check .meta file where exactly. Anyway export to .mesh should work and if you apply same material, it should behave in the same way.

Yes, you can scatter any object on terrain (or mesh) via clutter/cluster and mask.

Edited by demostenes