Light Voxel - Symetry Adjustment

photo

It seems when I first place a light voxel volume the size adjustments work as I would expect.  Each direction independent of the other.  But more times than not if I come back to adjust the size if I pull on the height, the top and bottom adjust in opposite directions, not just in one direction.

I will pay close attention to when this happens and why, so it can be reproduced.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong?  For me it would be natural for each direction to be able to be adjusted by itself...but have the option to press shift or other key to add the symmetry adjustment.

I see what you mean. I reproduced this behavior, it's a bug. We'll try to fix it in a future release.

This is how "Edit Size" supposed to work:

• when you just grab one of the manipulators the box will change only in one direction
  • when you grab it with pressed "Alt" button - the box will change in 2 directions relative to the center.
  • You also can use Box size values instead

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

12 hours ago, t.coursey said:

But more times than not if I come back to adjust the size if I pull on the height, the top and bottom adjust in opposite directions, not just in one direction.

Hi t.coursey, you need to have the "move" mode activated for the expected behavior (the "arrows" in the top left corner of the editor).

On 8/22/2018 at 2:10 AM, Amerio.Stephane said:

Hi t.coursey, you need to have the "move" mode activated for the expected behavior (the "arrows" in the top left corner of the editor).

Ah I bet that's what it was.  I do go into rotate and scale mode...but then maybe went back and tried to adjust size again.  I'll keep that in mind!  Thanks.