[SOLVED] Editor sometimes hangs when duplicating node

photo

Problem mentioned here ( https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/4972-editor-sometimes-hangs-when-duplicating-node/)  is still there even with latest binaries. For reproduction you can use esqworld.world in ESQ project latest revision, but it is very random. We have also find out, that editor hangs, but copy is done and after restart both source and copied node works. Last rows from log in the attached screen:

zasek.jpg

Edited by demostenes

Now it's worse than ever before. Unigine is freezes on asset procesing steadily.

What am I doing :

When I need to modify a node for a particular scene, I will do "copy" node in the original directory and "paste" into the directory where I place the nodes for a specific scene. For example, "Rangers guild"  (here it can freeze)

Then i rename the node to have order in them. For example P_01_beam3.node to Rangers_beam3.node. (here it can freeze)

I will do the same work with the material and the DDS texture to adjust the node to the way I want it.  (here it can freeze)

The strange thing is that the action is done. After deleting and starting the editor, the nodes are copied or renamed. Unigine will do the job, but gets stuck on the message "asset processing > 100% <"

Hello @m.c., @demostenes,

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce these hangs. I tried all possible manipulations with assets in your project. Could you please provide some additional info about environment in which you're running Editor 2:

* Do you run Editor in your project on HDD or SSD?

* What OS version you are using? dxdiag would be great(Win+R → dxdiag → ok → save all information)

* Do you running DX or OpenGL version of engine

* Is there any other software you are running simultaneously with Editor 2 that may affect it's perfomance?

Thank you

We have tried other world, it also hangs there, so it is not caused by huge number of objects in esqworld. We have also tried to shut down antivirus, but it did not help.

15 minutes ago, morbid said:

We've finally caught this, working on a fix.

My girlfriend was surprised by the happy cry she heard from the computer when I read your message :-)

Thank you

Edited by m.c.
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I've sent you both a PM with the link to a patch. Just copy-paste files.

After this patch only one issue remains - 1-2 seconds lag after moving or copying renamed assets. It happens spontaneously, we're still looking for a better solution.

Please keep us posted.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Editor sometimes hangs when duplicating node