TRACKER Question - Multiple Tracks

photo

Is it possible to setup a TRACK, save that, then in another track ADD the previously SAVED track to this new track.  Allowing a designer/artist to setup different motions for different things and then bring them together as one.

I know you can setup a track to have all this in one track.

Think about this scenario....  Need to have animated stage lights, going back and forth.  Need these lights to be going while we have 3 different camera motions setup for saving out (using frame grabber).

Without the ability to have these saved out individually and then bring them together, you'd be looking at quite a bit of re-work if anything needed to change with any of the moving parts.  If you needed to change the motion of the lights, you'd either have those saved out in 3 different camera movement tracks or similar.

How is this handled in Unigine, I'm hopefully just not following how things are put together, because this would be a very important feature to have ASAP.

Hi Trey,

Not sure that I understand your use-case completely, but there is a possibility in tracker to load different tracks on a same timeline:

1. Click Add Parameter button;
  2. Select track;
  3. Double-click on timeline in the same row as track parameter to add a key;
  4. Double click that key to open file dialog to load the corresponding track file (it can be lights or camera movement or any other track that you want).

In the one big track file you can include different small track and operate them as you want individually. So your camera movement and lights will be always synchronized.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

That is exactly what I was wanting.  However I never got that far on the double clicks!  :)  User experience could be improved here.

Attached is a video of what I'm getting.  What am I missing?

Also, put in a feature request for the following please:  Add a ADD TRACK button to the UI, that opens up a dialog that filters JUST TRACK files in your project for selection.  It then adds the key and your done when you press OK/SAVE.

Or alternatively, on the add parameter button under TRACKS, go ahead and show all the track files in the current project, so we can directly choose.  This too also adds the corresponding default key at the beginning and we are ready to use.

Hello trey.coursey,

For correct execution of track called from another track apart from setting up track file you'll need to set keys for weight and time parameters. For what you have show in attached video, you should set 2 key frames for time parameter first one in the beginning with 0 value and one in the end with 1 value. Weight should have 1 value all along the track. 

You can find some additional info on similar tracker workflow in our video tutorial .

We will consider your feature suggestions in future tracker tool development

Thank you

On 8/14/2018 at 12:39 AM, vvvaseckiy said:

Hello trey.coursey,

For correct execution of track called from another track apart from setting up track file you'll need to set keys for weight and time parameters. For what you have show in attached video, you should set 2 key frames for time parameter first one in the beginning with 0 value and one in the end with 1 value. Weight should have 1 value all along the track. 

You can find some additional info on similar tracker workflow in our video tutorial .

We will consider your feature suggestions in future tracker tool development

Thank you

Thank you....I understand now.  But that even further makes me want this process simpler.  If alot of this clicking and adding keyframes could be done by default, then we would have something working immediately, that we could adjust later during development.