Setting Up Simple Camera Animation - Strange Results

photo

So I have begun to get familiar with the tracker tool.  A bit different from what I'm used to, but powerful none the less in how it works.  I can appreciate that as I get more familiar I think.

Attached is a video of me setting up a very simple camera move.  The interpolation of the keyframes is not suitable at all.  I've fiddle with the curves but am not getting anything like I'd want (not shown in this video).

What am I missing on this?  In many other content creation tools, this camera would not dip down in the middle, why is it here in Unigine?

This interpolation method looks suspiciously like a slerp (spherical lerp): it turns out the shortest path between two points on the sphere of possible directions is usually not horizontal even if the two endpoints have the same height (pitch, in direction terms). To move between camera orientations, you almost always want to lerp on heading alone while keeping pitch constant. But I haven't used the tool so have no advice on how to achieve that, sorry.

Edited by Greg.Mildenhall
15 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Trey,

And what is the expected results? Maybe adding more keyframes or changing interpolation method will work?

It's hard to suggest anything without knowing of which result is fit your needs.

Thanks!

as mentioned below, it's a possible interpolation mode.  I've pressed the different interpolation modes with no change.  Maybe some direction on how to properly use those?  I'll record another video in just about any other content creation tool that will show you a typical "Default" interpolation that would keep the camera facing the target.  

As you can see in the video, the only thing that changed is the position and angle on the ends.  In the middle the camera drops down to something that was never looked at or targeted even the slightest.  So why would that be?  Normally I would see just a gentle slide of the values from one to the next, giving the camera a gentle rotation, basically looking at the target area....never dipping down to who knows what or why.. :)

10 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Trey,

If you want camera to look at specific point while movement you will have to use special node - Player Persecutor and animate it.

Thanks!

Gotcha, and I may need that later...  For now I found that the default (at least on my system) of TYPE in the tracker was set to "Inconst velocity, order XYZ" and it needed to be Inconst velocity, order ZYX.  

This gave me the result I was looking for and would typically find in any other content creation system I've used in the past. 

One more thing checked off of my list!  Thanks for the help to both of you.