Is it possible to detect when a VR headset is removed?

photo

Hi,

Is it possible to detect when the user removes a VR headset. We can see that the display changes to a different render, but it's not obvious that you can do this through any API.

I have tried isEnabled, isVisible, getViewportMode, none of these seem to work.

Thanks.

Robert

Hi Robert,

These API calls are not currently exposed into the plugins, sorry.

We can extend AppVive plugin API by adding GetTrackedDeviceActivityLevel and AppOculus by adding ovr_GetSessionStatus (HmdMounted) checks in 2.8 SDK update. In case if you have purchased license you can modify these C++ plugins on your own and extend it's functionalities as you need.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks @silent,

I've had a look at rebuilding the plugins.

What version of the Oculus SDK was used to build the AppOculus plugin?

When using the latest version 1.26.0 I get and error when building:

mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in AppOculus.obj

Changing the configuration type for the AppOculus project from Dynamic Library(.DLL) to Static Library(.Lib) allow the project to build the .lib file but I assume I need to build to .dll for this to work with Unigine.

Also is there a specific version of OpenVR for the AppVive project I should use?

Edited by marc.mitchell
On 7/23/2018 at 3:28 PM, silent said:

Hi Marc,

libovr.lib can be rebuilt with correct flags, that's correct solution.

We are using Oculus API 1.25 and OpenVR 1.0.15, but in theory you can use the latest versions (if there was not so many API changes between the 3rd party SDK releases).

Thanks!

Hi Silent,

Could you expand on the flags required to rebuild the oculus sdk? Although this is out side the Unigine engine it would be helpful.

Hi @silent,

I've recompiled the AppOculus plugin, When i try to run a Unigine project using the oculus plugin i get the attached error message. I'm using Visual Studios 2017. I've tried oculus sdk version 1.10/1.25/1.26, Note 1.10 won't compile as it's missing some vars, this is the version it states to use in the documentation but i assume that's out of date. AppOculus_Error02.png.e6008980c979234b56b09e4667d9457f.png