How to utilise two graphics card for unigine?

photo

Hi,

I have two graphics cards in my computer, but I found that even the first one is 100%  utilization, the second one is still 6 %, it seems that only one graphics card works.

How can I ask Unigine to use both cards?

Thanks.

Edited by de-Roo.Lukas

Hi Lukas,

With TAA enabled SLI / Crossfire will not give you 2x performance boost due to complexity of deferred rendering. In worst-case scenario you can even get lower framerate that it was before.

Please, keep in mind that it will work only in desktop mode (not in VR) and only in DX11 and fullscreen.

Open nVidia Control Panel (right mouse click on Windows desktop):

1. Select Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX in the left menu;
  2. Enable SLI (select Maximize 3D Performance radio button and click Apply):
  3. Select Manage 3D Settings;
  4. On Program Settings tab click Add button;
  5. In opened Add window click Browse button;
  6. Via file dialog select your *.exe application and click Open button. 
  7. In settings change SLI Rendering mode to Force alternate frame rendering 2:
    2UA4e3NxKY1gEsoob1hLJGiC3Y1FFy-E3jXNA552

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2018 at 7:08 AM, silent said:

Hi Lukas,

With TAA enabled SLI / Crossfire will not give you 2x performance boost due to complexity of deferred rendering. In worst-case scenario you can even get lower framerate that it was before.

Please, keep in mind that it will work only in desktop mode (not in VR) and only in DX11 and fullscreen.

Open nVidia Control Panel (right mouse click on Windows desktop):

1. Select Configure SLI, Surround, PhysX in the left menu;
  2. Enable SLI (select Maximize 3D Performance radio button and click Apply):
  3. Select Manage 3D Settings;
  4. On Program Settings tab click Add button;
  5. In opened Add window click Browse button;
  6. Via file dialog select your *.exe application and click Open button. 
  7. In settings change SLI Rendering mode to Force alternate frame rendering 2: 2UA4e3NxKY1gEsoob1hLJGiC3Y1FFy-E3jXNA552

Thanks!

Hi,

do you know also how to set this up for crossfire support for Radeon graphics cards?

I can't find a way to turn on crossfire support for unigine editor...

• 11 months later...

Hello!

I am interesting, have Unigine 2.7.2 OpenGL some options to run 2 instances of Unigine on 2 different GPU without SLI?

Edited by semenov.anton

You can do that trick with the latest engine versions (noy 2.7.2) and unfortunately only with DX11 API (under Windows).

In theory it should be possible to setup Linux xserver that way so the each individual GPU will run only on a specific display and you can therefore load different GPUs by specifying different $DISPLAY variables on engine start-up. We never did it before on our side, so I can't really say how exactly you need to configure your system in order to achieve that behavior.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: