photo

Hello, 

I have been studying superposition benchmark for content creation and i get knew lot of new stuff from benchmark... thanks for providing such a excellent content benchmark for editor also.

I studied contents in benchmark but at that time i checked map also for excellent textures..........and i'm wondering to know that how to create parallax texture.

please find attachment of two map albedo and parallax map.......  please let me know that how to create parallax map for depth like you created.... for bricks wall in superpostion..

tell me ideas or methods to create parallax map.....

regards,

mayur patel

bricks_alb.dds

bricks_h.dds

The best method is always generating it from 3d geometry (zbrush or substance designer), in case you generate textures proceduraly, it gives the best results. You can also create normal/height map by projecting high poly model on low poly version (zbrush, any 3d tool like blender, 3dsmax....).  In case you generate textures by modifying photos, it is quite an issue, all generators like crazybump will never generate proper normal/height map and results will be bad. So only chance is to do it manually in photoshop. For bricks can be done, but anything more complex is hell.

I prefere textures made by substance designer, but it requires serious skills to achive photo realistic quality. So the best way is buy textures you need from various online shops.

Edited by demostenes