[SOLVED] Extremely low FPS in UnigineEditor2

photo

Yesterday I started working with Unigine2. All was good.
Today I created a new project: SDK Unigine 2 Sim Evaluation Kit (2.7.1), Development, C++ (VS), 64bit, Double, uncheck GUI-based settings configurator, 0 plugins, 0 add-ons.
If run this project i see 400+ FPS, but in UnigineEditor2 no more than 12 FPS. With projects created earlier the same thing.
Windows 10 64bit, UnigineEditor2 with one Scene Viewport 1200x800 and DX11 mode.
What could be the reason ?

Hi Sergej,

Maybe it's shaders compilation? You can uncheck option Precompile all shaders on top of the tools menu:
precompile_option.png

If this doesn't help, please, send us the microprofile dump after waiting about 30-40 seconds after launch. You can do it via console command microprofile_dump_html.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

All shaders already precompiled, I don't watch Precompile All Shaders indicator in lower left in Scene Viewport. Next I opened Engine Viewport and watch the following pictures.

Сonsole (~) can not be opened in Scene Viewport, but can opened in Engine Viewport. For what an Engine Viewport should I do a dump, for single or splitted ?

scene_viewport_11fps.png

engine_viewport_900fps.png

split_viewport_7fps.png

Edited by sergej.anufrikov

Sergej,

That's indeed very strange. We've tried to reproduce similar behavior on our test stand - without any luck. Btw, B:\ disk is regular HDD / SSD? 

It seems that CPU usage is very high (due to unknown reasons) - maybe due to some kind of software that interacts with other applications (such as Anti-virus or similar). 

Could you please try to boot into a Safe mode and launch Editor here? Default Windows 10 driver should be able to support DX11 API.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

The reason is discovered.
Issue due to application update EVGA Precision XOC from v6.2.3 -> v6.2.7. It's using for GPU fan control.
In v6.2.3 this problem presented only when OSD (On-screen Display) enabled and only for Scene Viewport. In v6.2.7 this problem is independent of OSD. At the EVGA forum, users encountered similar problems in games.
If you will investigation, write here the reasons for this behavior. Curious.

Thanks !

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Extremely low FPS in UnigineEditor2