Auxiliary Buffer size

photo

Hi,

is it possible to resize the auxiliary buffer, it has a much more smaller resolution as the actual scene when I use it (about 8x)?

I want to do a very high detailed outlining but it looks very blocky. I am using your sobel filter for edge detection. In the Attachement is a FULLHD resolution image from current state.

Thanks, Sebastian

unigine_aux.PNG

Hi Sebastian,

Actual resolution of Auxiliary buffer is matching the screen resolution. You can check it with render_show_textures 1 console command. You probably meet the edge detection algorithm limitations - they are pretty expensive and usually working with lower resolutions (as you can already see on your screenshot).

You need to find that algorithm (or develop it on your side) that will use full-resolution edge detection or apply some blur or other effects on top of it to mask the aliasing.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Ok, a blur is no option for us, we are drawing aircraft from very far away and the blur will fade out to much at the edges of the outline and at some point is not noticeable anymore.

Is it possible to clone a ObjectMeshStatic and render it with the trajectory material from the orbit demo, with a bigger line size first and only to the auxiliary buffer and then render the original object above it with another auxiliary color and subtract them from another in the post pass?

When yes, what do I have to change in the objects/materials/shaders/renderorder to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.