Source Control

photo

Hello,

Just curious if anyone has setup standard source control configuration for these? We're using Git, so I am looking to setup .gitignore and .gitattributes so the binary types are handled as LFS and  the relevant folders / types are ignored. I see in the source control section of the documentation gives enough info to setup the .gitignore. Is there a list of filetypes that can be used to configure the LFS?

Thanks,

Robert

Hi Robert,

Basically, you can keep all the project under CVS - there will be everythnig working. You can ignore *.html files (engine log) and probably some user-based configuration files (unigine_editor.cfg).

In terms of code development, I guess it depends on your envrionment and compiler, but for windows I guess it will be something like that:

*.vcxproj.user
*.pro.user
*.suo
*.opensdf
*.VC.opendb
*.sdf

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for that,

It is windows we're using. I saw in the document which files you could ignore (bin etc.) 

I was thinking specifically about setting up the .gitattributes for large file storage, which particular files are used. I'll just search through our project and work out which files would be best counted as this. I assume the meta files are text based?

Kind regards,

Robert

• 10 months later...

Hi,

We're developing as well under Windows and use Git as VCS.

Based on documentation...
https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.7.3/editor2/assets_workflow/version_control?words=source%2Ccontrol%2Csourc#highlight
... here is our .gitignore content:

# from Unigine doc 
/.thumbnails
/bin -> be careful, on rely on SDK browser configure project to restore all required .dll, but some are currently forgotten.. e.g. CIGIConnector_double_x64, HLAConnector_double_x64, IG_double_x64
/launch_debug.bat
/launch_editor.bat
/launch_release.bat

# from Unigine forum
/source/*.vcxproj.user
/source/*.VC.db
/source/*.opendb

# additional 
/data/.thumbnails
/data/.runtimes
/data/ComponentSystem -> we put under versioning only custom .prop not all automatically generated..
/data/guids.db -> should it be under versioning?
/data/*.cache
/data/entities/*.umount -> we ignore these mount points.. explanation in another post
/data/landscape/*.umount-> we ignore these mount points.. explanation in another post
/source/.vs/
/source/x64

Feel free to comment / fix!

Kind regards,
Charles

• Like 2