Sometimes script file reference is deleted from world file

photo

Hi,

I observed strength issue. I have a few worlds pointing to the same script file via <script_name> node of world file (it's default behavior for Save As function). But sometimes when Editor crashes, perhaps in the case of clicking at node reference in Asset Browser which initialize a new Component by init() function where this fail, exception occurs for e.g. in case as such Node Reference contains Components with Nodes properties which refer to nodes from other World, so this will be nulled and null ptr exception will be fired and crash Editor and just remove <script_name> node of loaded world file.

Cheers

Hello Jan,

I couldn't reproduce this from scratch. Are you sure that in .world file <script_name> string is really missing?

I've also tried to use the files you've sent us earlier in feedback on a component system - nothing happened. If you have a stable reproduction of this issue - please make a test scene.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Morbid,

For the long time this problem is not happens any more. I will let you know if I will be able to reproduce it too :)

Thanks!