Create reference node strange behaviour

photo

If I create reference node from some objects in the scene (I renamed it from group to test), it also creates dummny node called group inside of such node and put these objects there. When I edit such node and put other object as child of test node and save the node, it again creates group dummy node and puts everything there (including the first group dummy node and its children). So it creates structure, you see on attached picture.

Is this really intended behaviour? Why is it creating group dummy node inside the node in the first place? In case, there is some strong technical reason, why it does not check for its existence and creates new one?

beha.jpg

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

It is intended behaviour for every case when you create node reference from multiple nodes. Node Reference itself can have only one child, if it has two or more child nodes, it creates "group" dummy. It is required for correct Node Reference workflow.  If you want to add new objects to Node Reference without generating new "group" node, you should add them as children to already existing root dummy node("group")

Thank you

8 minutes ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Node Reference itself can have only one child, if it has two or more child nodes, it creates "group" dummy. It is required for correct Node Reference workflow. 

Ok, I understand now. But I think it would be good idea to put there check for existence of dummy group node and dont create second, if there is already one, it should be simple condition and prevents confusion. My artists were quite confused whats happening :)