Selection of mesh surface lag and probable memory leak

photo

When I select surface on the mesh with material tabs textures/states/parametres active,  it lags editor for cca 1-2 seconds. When tab common is active, speed is OK. Textures tab causes the biggest lag, cca 2 seconds. When clicling on surfaces with same material (LODs), there is no lag.

Also there is maybe memory leak, when having active textures tab, each surface change causes extra memory allocation (bigger, if material has bigger texture). Memory consumption grows always, even when clicking between two surfaces all the time (even between surfaces with same material). I ve did this cca 100x times, then tried to load different world, editor crashed and I wasnt able to start it again, it throwed me dx11 error out of memory. I had to restart computer. Leak is replicatable all the time, crash not.

Good for replication anything with high res textures, for example /data/asset_library/vegetation/forest_collection/BroadleafB.node

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

We successfully reproduced this issue. I've added it to our internal bugtracker, fix will be in upcoming 2.7.1 release

Thank you for your feedback

• 3 weeks later...

Leak seems fixed, i was not able to replicate, but lag is still there. There wasnt such lag in editor 1 when skipping to different surface material.

Edited by demostenes