Editor2 crashes

photo

Editor2 on 2.7 is crashing A LOT in more complex scene (in our case esqworld.world). During typical work like changing parametres of nodes, adding items...cca each 2 minutes. Very often it is crashing on adding decal on terrain, enabling/disabling nodes with lots of children, changing parametres of nodes like intersection...With combination of longer start (verification after start) it is deadly. Two minutes of work, crash, 1 minute start, two minutes of work, crash...This is really bad. Maybe it is connected to crash issue of terrain global, but our terrain is quite simple, one 4096 height map. I was trying debug binary, but after crash, there is nothing in log file. 2.5+editor1 was rock stable.

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

Unforturanely we were unable to reproduce those crashes. It would be helpful if you provide some additional information:

• dxdiag results ("Win+R"→dxdiag→"save all information")
  • What API you're choosing when working with Editor 2, dx or opengl?
  • Maybe some specific cases with step-by-step reproduction

Meanwhile you can reset editor configuration by deleting folder C://users/*username*/AppData/Local/Unigine/Editor, sometimes it may fix some of the issues.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

9 minutes ago, vvvaseckiy said:

Hello demostenes,

Unforturanely we were unable to reproduce those crashes. It would be helpful if you provide some additional information:

• dxdiag results ("Win+R"→dxdiag→"save all information")
  • What API you're choosing when working with Editor 2, dx or opengl?
  • Maybe some specific cases with step-by-step reproduction

Meanwhile you can reset editor configuration by deleting folder C://users/*username*/AppData/Local/Unigine/Editor, sometimes it may fix some of the issues.

I am using DX (1080 ti). I experience these crashes in heavy scenes (in our case esqworld.world). I am not able to give some reproduction steps, It is absolutely random, sometimes just flying over terrain, mostly some action related to adding/modifying node in scene. Maybe you can try to load this world, fly over, try to add some terrain decals, fly over again, turn on big layer node, turn off, etc. It should crash soon. Last time I had crash during setting intersection maks on clutters.

I will try to reset editor configuration and send you dxdiag.

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

We successfully reproduced some of this crashes, i've added this issue to our internal bugtracker, the fix will come in 2.7.1 release

• Like 1

Just to extend the report, these crashes are happening during almost any editor action. Moving nodes, adding nodes into scene, chaning properties of nodes, changing materials, adding light. It is random, it does not crash 2x on the same thing. It looks like it is connected to add node/refresh node "action". It also seems it happens more often in heavy scenes, but it crashes even in almost empty one. Level designers are frustrated and it is also very time consuming, it eats 2-3 hours of each working day to re-do crashed work and waiting for editor to run again. Currently this is most critical issue we have.

Edited by demostenes

Hello demostenes,

we had found a number of crashes, all problems you're reporting are documented and forwarded right to our dev team. The scale of your project shown us a clew of various issues, some of them aren't easy to isolate. Now we do have progress on stabilization, but still, need time to finalize everything.

Thank you for patience.

• Like 2

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I also observe some crashes on Billboard sorting in Editor2. It's not happens at simple scene. It crashes Editor2 in the case of displaying different types of nodes as Sound or Particle node, but it may be there more types of it's. It crashes Editor2 only with Display Visualizer helper enabled. Always crashes at quick_sort() function from UnigineSort:

image.png.156dfcb7f1bee897ec102fc9fd388230.png

Here is callstack:

image.thumb.png.d043752723d02f6276632fff79288aa3.png

• 2 weeks later...

After some time with 2.7.1 I have feedback from level designers, that number of random crashes is maybe little but lower, but still they experience lot of crashes.

On 28.05.2018 at 9:30 AM, Klimczak.Jan said:

Hi @silent, I will try to prepare a test scene for it ...

edit: I send you my project as PM ;)

Hi Silent,

2.7.1 fixes crashes which I described here, I thing soo :)

Thank You!

On 10.06.2018 at 5:44 AM, demostenes said:

I have feedback from level designers, that number of random crashes is maybe little but lower, but still they experience lot of crashes.

Is there any typical repro? We don't have any enormous amount of crashes on our projects. If possible, can you please prepare couple of videos that shows the process that lead to crashes?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

3 hours ago, silent said:

Is there any typical repro? We don't have any enormous amount of crashes on our projects. If possible, can you please prepare couple of videos that shows the process that lead to crashes?

Thanks!

I asked my designers to write down circumstances of each crash, so I will have some statistics soon, but I am afraid it is random during typical editor work, like actions described in the first post.