Landscape partial generation

photo

Hello,

I have a very large landscape, generated from a lot of small files (DTED, shapefiles, rasters, etc). After adding a new file, I must regenerate all my terrain to check if everything is correct and performances. But the generation can be quite long. I know I can change the game area to something smaller, but then I can't check performances, and this overwritte all previously generated tiles.

A great addition would be the ability to draw an "update array", distinct from the game area, that would be generated. Any tile touching/inside it would then be updated. This would speed up iterations a lot.

Thank you :)

Hello,

yes, huge terrain iteration could be a pain in the neck. ObjectTerrainGlobal and current version of Landscape Tool doesn't support adding data. It should be regenerated. 

We designed distributed computing for faster iteration of complex terrains. Could it be useful for you?

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Distributed computing requires multiple license, I think, and we don't have that at the moment. A great addition, indeed, would be a worker app that could only do landscape generation, doesn't require a licence, and could be put on a bunch of pc.