[SOLVED] AppEasyBlend issue

photo

Hello,

I'm trying to test the new Scalable integration, but I just get a black screen and can't even show the drop-down console.

I followed the doc to the letter, and tested with the two attached .OL: mesh.ol.zip. I also tried with absolute and relative path (BTW, you don't support spaces in path)

Command line arguments are:  -extern_plugin AppEasyBlend -calibration_file "identity.ol" -video_mode -1 -video_width 1920 -video_height 1200

I also need to know how to change to another calibration file at run time. I must be able to switch from pilot to copilot during training sessions. how would I do this ?

Thank you.

Edited by Amerio.Stephane

Here you go: log.html

new project created from scratch, nothing changed inside, argument list = -extern_plugin AppEasyBlend -calibration_file "D:\identity.ol" -video_mode -1 -video_width 1920 -video_height 1200

For the spaces in name: if I change the location of the identity.ol to a folder with space such as this :  -extern_plugin AppEasyBlend -calibration_file "D:\UNIGINE Projects\identity.ol" -video_mode -1 -video_width 1920 -video_height 1200

then I get this error in the console log:

14:02:26 D3D11AppEasyBlend::init_easyblend(): failed to initialize EasyBlendSDK. Error 2: UNABLE_TO_OPEN_FILE

14:02:26 Calibration file path: D:\UNIGINE

Notice the name is truncated in the log.
If it matters, I'm using the dll installed by Unigine.

Hi Amerio,

Could you please try to run with OpenGL API? Add -video_app opengl to the project launcher. It seems that DX11 API is broken in beta2.

Currently there is also no ability to change to another calibration file at run time, we will try to add it later.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

It works "almost as expected" with openGL. I have an image, warped and blended correctly. But the camera is tilted downward, so W and S behaves like Q and E. Not sure if this will have other consequences when enabling CIGI. I know Scalable doesn't use the same coord system, but this shouldn't interfere with Unigine own orientation. If this is specific to the mesh.ol I use (generated by ScalableDisplay), then could you advise how to fix it?

About the ability to change calibration file at run-time: sorry to insist, this feature is crucial to our operations. I can wait for a next release :) and I don't need a instant swap (a few seconds swap would be ok). Thanks for considering it :)

@Amerio.Stephane

DX11 black screen is probably caused by resolution mismatch between Unigine application and that one from .ol file. According to Scalable display documentation - these resolutions should match.

About camera rotation - it's probably related to the .ol  file settings (PERSPECTIVE_ROLL):

image.png

fixed.zip

Thanks!

---

About the resolution: sorry to disagree, I tested dx11 and opengl with the same command line apart from "-video_app". The resolution I chosed was the correct one (I edited the filename in the line I pasted here and linked another file, so here is your confusion due to my innacurate paste). I tested again, the dx11 just "hang there in the dark".

About the roll: I just have my files generated by Scalable tools, and they work "as is" with our current tool chain based on legacy VegaPrime. I really don't want to mess with these files and how they are generated. Would it be possible maybe at run time to change to change the roll to a more Unigine friendly value ?

Sidenote: is it possible to see the scalable blending inside the editor ?

Thank you :)

Hi Amerio,

13 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

The resolution I chosed was the correct one (I edited the filename in the line I pasted here and linked another file, so here is your confusion due to my innacurate paste). I tested again, the dx11 just "hang there in the dark".

Did you check the attached files in my previous post? They have correct resolution and should fit inside your screen without any issues,

Please, keep in mind that setting resolution with -video_app and -video_height doesn't guarantee that created window will have such resolution. For example, if you have 1920x1080 monitor and will start engine with 1920x1200 resolution in windowed mode you will have final resolution less then 1920x1080 due to window borders.

To avoid this, try to launch in system resolution with fullscreen enabled.

Sidenote: is it possible to see the scalable blending inside the editor ?

It should work (at least when resolution of viewport matching the .ol file), but in the very rare cases.

About the roll: I just have my files generated by Scalable tools, and they work "as is" with our current tool chain based on legacy VegaPrime. I really don't want to mess with these files and how they are generated. Would it be possible maybe at run time to change to change the roll to a more Unigine friendly value ?

We'll see how else we can improve this, but defaul Scalable coordinates system clearly indicates that forward direction is -90. Probably, Vega Prime is not taking this in account. Do you have an ability to regenerate .ol files with a newer Scalable software?

Thanks!

---

On 20.04.2018 at 7:07 PM, Amerio.Stephane said:

For the spaces in name: if I change the location of the identity.ol to a folder with space such as this :  -extern_plugin AppEasyBlend -calibration_file "D:\UNIGINE Projects\identity.ol" -video_mode -1 -video_width 1920 -video_height 1200

Could you please send us your launcher? It seems that we can't reproduce this behavior on our side - everything is working as expected.

Thanks!

---

You are right: I requested a 1920x1200 window while my display is 1920x1080. This fails in DX11 but succeeds in OpenGL (the simulator displays are higher than my desktop display).

For the .OL: I don't have Scalable specs at hand, so the "forward orientation is roll -90" is probably what they expect, but not what is generated on my side, and too bad, while I can regenerate these files (but can't update to a newer version), I can't change how they perceive "front". I'll investigate (if you know of a Scalable config file to tune this, please share)

Is there any workaround I can do, apart of manually tweaking the files? (we have 3 simulators, with 3 sets of .OL each, generated periodically) ? Maybe parenting the camera to something else? how would you do that?

For the space in name, here is a excerpt of my testScalable dummy project: testScalable.zip

Thanks for your effort.

1 hour ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

Is there any workaround I can do, apart of manually tweaking the files? (we have 3 simulators, with 3 sets of .OL each, generated periodically) ? Maybe parenting the camera to something else? how would you do that?

We've added method to API that will force reset the orientation: setAuxRotation(quat), so no manual .ol files editing is necessary. We've also added runtime .ol file reload.

1 hour ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

For the space in name, here is a excerpt of my testScalable dummy project: testScalable.zip

Thanks for the project, will check it as well.

Thanks!

---

Wow, thanks for your reactivity :)

While we're there, could you also add a console API to simulate/toggle on/off the "DO_NO_WARP" attribute in EasyBlend ? This would be used so the menus/console/etc could be temporarily manipulated without the warping?

Again, thanks a lot !

16 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

While we're there, could you also add a console API to simulate/toggle on/off the "DO_NO_WARP" attribute in EasyBlend ? This would be used so the menus/console/etc could be temporarily manipulated without the warping?

Sure, why not. By console API you mean some kind of console command? Or it will be enough to add it to C++ / UnigineScript APIs?

Thanks!

---

I really don't know how much work both of these would be for you. If I'm not mistaken, a console command can be called from code, so a console command may be enough :) then I may call it from the code when I press a key for example.

thanks ! :)

Could you detail the version of the Scalable SDK you have integrated ? I'll try to see if there might be any incompatibilities with the (old) version we're using here. Thank you

We do not integrated Scalable SDK, rather than EasyBlend SDK:

• DX11: 1.2b (August 1, 2013)
  • GL: 2.8d (August 26, 2009)

Not sure, however, which version Scalable SDK should be to generate files for that EasyBlend versions. I think it's better to ask from Scalable display guys :)

Thanks!

---

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

Apparently, the file format is not fully supported. It looks like you ignore the frame of reference for the angles specified (USE_SPHERE_SAMPLE_COORDINATE_SYSTEM and FRUSTUM_EULER_ANGLES, at the end of the file).

For example, the two attached files should produce the same visual output. But only good_mesh.ol works correctly for the moment. For the other one, I couldn't find a way to change the Aux rotation (I'm bad at math...) As a matter of fact, we mainly use the unsupported one :( 

Edited by Amerio.Stephane

Hi Amerio,

According to EasyBlend tool for projections testing these files are different.

Please, take a look to the output from the testing tool (SDKIntegrationTester):
image.png

image.png

In terms of EasyBlend SDK there is no issues on our side. I would recommend to contact ScalableDisplay guys to clarify that behavior at your projection system if it's possible.

Thanks!

---

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] AppEasyBlend issue