Wireframe material ?

photo

Hello,

For calibration purposes, I must display in the 3D view some colored, unlit wireframe meshes, just like this one:

image.png.af9be716d20f7d31b84e105da7a30763.png

What would be the best way to do it ? I would like to avoid having to make an object where wires have a real polygonal thickness, because these kind of objects will be drawn both near and far the camera, so a constant thickness won't do it.

Thanks

Thanks for pointing it out. But the wireframe it displays shows the mesh as triangle, not quads or n-gons. So it won't fill my specific needs. I'll work around it.

Anyway, i would have a suggestion for a useful visualizer feature: drawing the contour of a surface or mesh (if it already exists, please point it to me again :) )

Thanks again

The visualizer isn't just for wireframes, you can use it for lines, boxes, sectors, etc. But the image above isn't a mesh anyway, is it? Looks like a bunch of curves.

The image above is actually a screencap from Presagis Creator+Vegaprime, which supports non closed wireframe meshes (ie. a n-gon is drawn as an open polyline). All "curves" are just polygons with a high vertex count. Blender also supports writing edge-only polygons (ie a serie of 2-points polygons) as .obj meshes.

All curves are _not_ high-vertex polys, because often it's too slow to render them that way. And you might even find that to be the case for you if you use the visualiser to render all those tiny lines. :( I have a feeling that MODE_LINES isn't supported anymore despite being in the doc, but you could try it. Over here we've just written our own shaders for lines, so I'll be interested to see if there's a better-supported way to render them efficiently.