[SOLVED] Joints in the Editor 2

photo

Hello,

I am a slightly new in Unigine. I have checked that in the Editor 1 is posible to create the joint between two objets on design mode. but on the other hand, in the Editor 2 I do not find how to create this joint on mode design.

Attach an image how to do it in the Editor 1

My doubt is the following, is it possible to create a joint on design mode in the Editor 2? In the case than this is true, How could I do it?

Best regards

Pedro

Joints.png

Edited by Lopez-Berbel.Pedro

Hello Mordid,

I have done the joints via code, my problem it is to get the correct position of the objects.

For example,  I have imported a FBX Object, Attach the object.  

Coul you explain me the best way to get the correct position to manage the joints?

Thank you

JeepFBX.png

No, I am creating Joints Suspension.

When I talk about correct position I want to talk about Anchor Coordinates. My problem is to figure out the Anchor Coordinates of each wheel.

Are there any way to get the lenght, width and height of an object?

Edited by Lopez-Berbel.Pedro

Hi,

Are there any way to get the lenght, width and height of an object?
You can use Node::getBoundBox() / Node::getBoundSphere() to get the dimensions in the world coordinate system,
or ObjectMeshStatic::getMesh() -> Mesh::getBoundBox() to get the dimensions in the local coordinate system (more correct way in your case).

Coul you explain me the best way to get the correct position to manage the joints?
The best way is to set all the values manually. ;)
Automatic values will be incorrect from time to time.

Best regards,
Alexander

Thank you for your answer.

At the end I have found out the mistake. the wheels were correctly joints to the car, but their origin coordinates were in the midle of the car, for this reason, when I created the JointIntersections, the wheels moved to the center of the vehicle.

See you

Rafael

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Joints in the Editor 2