Generate terrain in Editor2

photo

Hi,

Where I should create terrain data for generated terrain object via Editor2:

in "assets" folder or just in "data" folder ?

As I see all generated references points into data folder but when I create it in data folder then I don't have access to created terrain data via asset browser.

Thanks,

Jan

Edited by Klimczak.Jan

Hi,

Currently landscape tool has limited integration with assets system. To be precise:

• When you're creating terrain via landscape tool usual practice is to store it in "data" folder. Please don't keep in assets, the amount of data could be really big.
  • Some objects generated by landscape tool couldn't be added into assets. For instance decal material is stored in data folder. The simpliest workaround for this is creating custom material in editor.
  • When you configuring roads or vegetation in landscape tool it shows you by default data folder. I guess it is easier to find the required node file in data but if you want you can select it from assets folder.

We're aware of this issues and working towards improving landscape integration with assets.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

Thank you, so I will wait for enchacement tool :) and report BUG for missing references for generated textures during creating TextureObject in Editor2.

Thanks

• Like 1