[SOLVED] Landscape and Physics

photo

Hello,

I am new in this world and I have many doubts.

I have a problem with the Landscape. I have create a Landscape object through LandsCape Tool and I have put it on the World. Later I have created a sphere object.

My problem is that I do not know how to set the physics on the LandScape in order to interact with the sphere.

The sphere always goes through the landscape. I hace create a box and I have situated it below the sphere. In this case, the sphere does not go through the box.

Best regards

Rafael

Hello, Rafael!

Thanks for the question.

If you want to imitate collision with terrain you may do the following:

1. Make sure that collision and intersection are checked in the terrain LODs configuration (take a look at a screenshot)
  2. Create primitive (of course it could be sophisticated model)
  3. Select the primitive (sphere in yor case) and add to it rigid body (second screenshot)
  4. After you did this please specify the shape that would be used for collision detection. Could be sphere, box, capsule for instance
  5. Try to move up your object. It will fell down.

Physics configuration could be tricky in some cases, you may want to check our documentation.

If you have more qestions - feel free to ask!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello Morbid,

After yours solution I have just realised about the problem. I am going to explain it better.

1. I have created a Terrain Global from Landscape tool. Over the land I have created a ball. You can take a look at the first screenshot. The collision and intersection are enabled.
  2. Press the Run button and the ball fall down and goes through the terrain. You take a look at the Ballgoesthroughttheland screenshot
  3. The ball goes through the land and stops when It bumps into the ground. You can take a look at the second screenshot. Over the ball you can glimpse the surface of the land. The collision and intersection of the ball are enables and have the same mask of the Terrain.

I attach a video with the problem

Best regards

landscape_project.world _ - UnigineEditor2 (DX11) 13_02_2018 9_49_42.mp4SecondScreenShot.thumb.png.0c4204e035bdfd6b49ec98c5e5748611.pngFirstScreenShot.thumb.png.799713c70291c7d2e439cb4d7e60ea4d.pngBallGoesThroughTheLand.thumb.png.95abd8d05a731e270ec6a783ecbef14f.png

Sorry, in a hurry I've forgot to attach pictures.

Now I see the issue, thank you for details.

This is a bug. Collisions are broken for curved terrain, we'll fix this.

You still can test this case with flat terrain, just drag (unparent) Landscape object from geodetic pivot.

Thank you for feedback!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Landscape and Physics