Add possibility to validate assets at request during opening project

photo

Hi,

In big projects validating assets at Editor2 startup takes a time. 

I think that it would be helpful to have option to run Editor2 (project) without validating to speed up starting time.

Such option could be available in SDK browser as option of "Customize UnigineEditor Options".

Kind regards,

Jan

1 hour ago, silent said:

Hi Jan,

Have you tried the latest 2.6.1.1 version? Assets validation time is much faster here. Can you please give us some info - how many time does it takes to validate assets in your current project and how big is it?

Thanks!

I am using latest 2.6.1.1 version. The first time validation is longer (I mind after reboot computer when you load a project), then I assume that it is cached in memory and second and other project loading is much faster.

My project is 5,6 GB size (300 MB assets with about 2,5k files and 5.2 GB of data with about 1,9k files). It is stored on HDD disk (not SSD, so it takes more time to load):

- first time load time is: 37s (once measured),

- second and more is: about 1,5s (also once measured).

I assume that this times will be grown up with the project size.

Edited by Klimczak.Jan
2 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jan,

The first 37 seconds were actually because of the new hashing algorithm. The second 1,5 seconds looks like more correct numbers for such project size. Right now we don't see any reasons to disable assets verification, sorry. 

Ok, it's not a big problem. But I thing that it is not so much situations that you changing assets with closed Editor that validations should be executed each time when project is loading. This make longer prototyping process, especially in the case that Editor crashes. Then you have to reopen project each time. Each time you should wait for validation even if you don't make any changes to assets.