InterfaceWindow unresponsive to touch inputs

photo

Using Unigine 2.3.1, we can't consistently register touchscreen clicks in an InterfaceWindow. Dragging movements register most of the time, but not just tapping on (i.e.) a button. We always get the GUI_ENTER and GUI_LEAVE events, but very rarely any others like GUI_FOCUS_IN, GUI_CLICKED, GUI_PRESSED etc. Everything works fine using the mouse.

I see that InterfaceWindow::window_proc() doesn't handle WM_TOUCH which looks like it should cause such a bug, but since a touch does occasionally get passed through somehow (presumably from the window_proc() in AppWindow.cpp, but then it works sometimes even when the main window is dragged to another screen) perhaps this is how it's intended to work? Could be there's just a (race condition?) bug preventing it registering most of the time.

Hi Greg,

Looks like a bug to me. As soon as we get touch input monitor we will be able to debug this behavior (and probably offer a fix).

Could you please tell if this can be easily reproduced with a default script samples with UI from <SDK>/data/samples/widgets directory? Also, do you have DPI scaling enabled in OS?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

As far as I know the samples in the widgets directory don't use InterfaceWindow so they don't have the bug. I can repro it with data/samples/interface/widgets_00 or anything else that creates the kind of dialog box/window you can drag fully off the main window. (you don't have to drag it off to see the bug, that's just a trick to find out if it's an InterfaceWindow)

• 1 month later...