[SOLVED] Initial World Clutter in 2.6.1.1

photo

In Unigine 2.6.1.1 it seems that the initial position(s) of World Clutter objects don't match subsequent positions generated using identical parameters. More importantly, it seems as if the initial generation doesn't properly adhere to the mask (which may actually be the underlying problem).

This is an issue for our driving simulator, as we can no longer guarantee that vegetation doesn't appear on the road surface, as seen in the screenshot below:

before.thumb.jpg.516d7dfdc44983d77d8f5d0f5f3821fb.jpg

Disabling and re-enabling the node using the editor produces the correct result:

after.thumb.jpg.de0b0e45bc6214a5481c41f1e5bbbdae.jpg

It may be worth noting that we're looking at the corners of two World Clutter nodes here.

I've put together a test world that demonstrates the issue; hopefully I've included everything required!

It seems very dependent upon the starting position of the camera, so you may first need to move the camera, then reload the world. An example is shown in the image below, in which you can see an odd cluster of nodes at the front-left, far from the mask (represented by the red on the plane).

screenshot02.thumb.jpg.0ad575050a40b44c2bc71a9ede4cc25c.jpg

world_clutter_test.zip

Hi vvvaseckiy (and binstream),

When you say fix it in future releases, I'm wondering is there a possibility of getting a patch for this right now or as soon as possible?

For us this problem is a blocker and prevents us from using Unigine 2.6.1.1. Whilst this may seem insignificant, the problem for us is the Editor. You have said in future releases you will be deprecating Editor version 1. We are currently using Editor 1 in a number of our internal content creation tools, and it is a significant upgrade cost to change some of our internal tools to the Editor 2. Whilst we will eventually do this, right now it is critical that we get this fix in a release of Unigine that fixes this problem but still includes the Editor version 1.

Does this make sense? We hope that you can help us in this regard.

thanks

Craig

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Initial World Clutter in 2.6.1.1