Set target of PlayerPersecutor for node in NodeReference

photo

Hi,

It is possible to set Target Node of PlayerPersecutor for node enclosed in NodeReference ?

Each time I try to do it via programming then Target always is set for main Node of NodeReference (not for subnode which I set).

12 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jan,

Could you please show us your node reference contents (maybe with a screenshot) and the code that you are trying to use? That will help us to understand the use case.

Thanks!

Hi,

Below on this screenshot you can see where is a problem:

image.thumb.png.7af4490f69da2a400290bfc9afd0a56b.png

That I can't set Target Node for inner references node (as well in via code). I attach sample scene with code too.

camera_target_node_ref.cpp

camera_target_node_ref.world

Hi Jan,

It's surely possible, but there is a bug that prevents you from doing this. There are two workarounds available:

1. Clear contents of <target>/target> tag in assets/*.world file and launch editor to sync changes to data dir
    OR
  2. Call setTarget() in the second frame (after init()) once

We will see what else we can do on the engine part to improve this behavior in the future SDK updates.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

14 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jan,

It's surely possible, but there is a bug that prevents you from doing this. There are two workarounds available:

1. Clear contents of <target>/target> tag in assets/*.world file and launch editor to sync changes to data dir
    OR
  2. Call setTarget() in the second frame (after init()) once

We will see what else we can do on the engine part to improve this behavior in the future SDK updates.

Thanks!

Thank you I will try like that :)