Properties node in property files not working with Editor2

photo

Hi,

I observed that properties (node properties with attribute version) not working with Editor2 for property file, eg.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<properties version="0.01">
  <property name="xyz" parent="node_base"/>
</properties>

This property will be not visible in Properties panel in Editor2.

Edited by Klimczak.Jan
2 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jan,

The correct pipeline for properties editing is requires the loaded Editor2. So, you inherit property in Properties window and then edit it in assets directory (no changes should be made in data directory).

Thanks!

Hi Silent,

As I see in samples of Editor1 the properties files looks like:

<properties version="1.0">
	<property name="param_1" parent="node_base"/>
	<property name="param_2" parent="node_base">
		<parameter name="param">0</parameter>
	</property>
</properties>

which not works in Editor2 (this inherited properties are not visible in Properties hierarchy panel of Editor2).

Editor2 shows only properties without "properties" element eg.:

<property name="param_1" parent="node_base"/>
	<property name="param_2" parent="node_base">
		<parameter name="param">0</parameter>
	</property>

So as I understand the "properties" element in this file:

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.6/code/formats/property_format#element_properties

to create Properties library:

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.6/principles/world_structure/#properties_library

I have to create .prop file (via  Editor2 or manually) i should save it in data/core/properties directory to work ?

Because the Properties library not works when I save it in asset folder of my project (by inheriting them in Properties panel of Editor2).

Thanks!

Jan,

You don't need to think about properties library. Just work with a single property file that created in assets directory via UI. Editor2 will automatically combine all properties in a library and attach them to the .world file (so you don't have to do something manually in data directory as well).

Right now properties are in deep refactoring stage and in the Q1 2018 we plan to improve Editor2 with properties workflow (no more property libraries and better UI).

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

2 hours ago, silent said:

Jan,

You don't need to think about properties library. Just work with a single property file that created in assets directory via UI. Editor2 will automatically combine all properties in a library and attach them to the .world file (so you don't have to do something manually in data directory as well).

Right now properties are in deep refactoring stage and in the Q1 2018 we plan to improve Editor2 with properties workflow (no more property libraries and better UI).

Thanks!

That sounds great :) Thank You!