Balloon inflation in WorldSplineGraph objects

photo

Hi, I have face an issue with vertex balloon and WorldSplineGraph objects and I need some help.

I am generating an SplineGraph with the points where a ship is traveling in order to display the path that has been following for some time. The spline generation part is solved and generates my geometry fine. The problem comes when camera is positioned in high height positions and I need to scale spline geometry to keep this path visible in screen. For this scale I am using geometry inflation but it is failing when my ship is turning (more fail the more inflation is applied). Is there something I am missing? I have attached an example of what I am doing.

world_spline_graph_scale.7z

Thanks a lot, Javier

Edited by javier.serrano

Hi Javier,

Could you please give us some more details about:

but it is failing when my ship is turning (more fail the more inflation is applied)

How does it failing exactly (maybe with a screenshot)? And what is your final goal should look like?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi, as can be seen in the image, the inflation is not done proportionally for all geometry. What I try to achieve is scaling the spline geometry width in order to make it visible from far distances (it displays the route that a ship has been following). Any other tips to achieve this effect? Something wrong in the sample I have attached?

Thanks, Javier

img.png.aef5338f30573e4269e87a484b6b9503.png

Hi Javier,

I assume that your mesh is too simple for the geometry inflation algorithm (you can see that when you change inflation scale you have diagonal vertex movement).

You can try to increase polycount to get more pleasant visual results. I've checked with material ball mesh and I don't have such behavior (but triangles count way too much here, so I got 5-10 fps).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: