FBX import loses symbols in node names

photo

Hello

Object names exported from 3dMax created with special separator symbol '|'. All symbols preserved in Editor1, but in Editor2 fbx import removes all separators - that is bad/

1. how to import fbx with node names as is ?

2. how to import fbx from c# code ?

thanks

Hi Mikhail,

Currently it's not possible for nodes to have some special characters inside their name (if you will try to rename any node you will see it). We are still looking for a solution for this.

41 minutes ago, lightmap said:

2. how to import fbx from c# code ?

FBX is not exposed into the C++ / C# APIs and only available for UnigineScript while Editor instance is running. If you want to import FBX in runtime you will have to implement custom FBX format parser for your needs (with a help of FBX SDK or any other API).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I successfully can rename node from editor and get from 'ModuleName' -> 'Module|Name' by hand, but there a lot of objects to rename manually; and fbxImport not leave any other sign for skipped symbols, so I can't auto-replace after fbximport

Also in editor some asset "REIMPORT" are blocking work - it takes too long or forever

Is it possible to run Editor with command line parameters to get FBX import ?

Also in editor some asset "REIMPORT" are blocking work - it takes too long or forever

Do you know which exact asset it is? There should be name displayed in the modal window. If you could send us this asset and we can see what we can do here. Normally, you need to remove that asset from assets directory to skip it's generation.

Is it possible to run Editor with command line parameters to get FBX import ?

If I understand you correctly, you want to automatically import FBX from assets directory without using the UI? I'm afraid, it's not currently possible. 

We have plans to make Autodesk import as Engnie plugin, so you can use it in runtime, but can't give you any ETA (probably Q1 2018).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: