Unigine SDK 2011-04-07

photo

Render:

* Added light dispersion (chromatic aberrations) for refractive materials: use engine.render.setRefractionDispersion(vec4), enable Render settings -> Postprocess (disabled by default, uses vec4(1)).

* Added a new glow mode that uses a the full-screen buffer ('render_glow 2' console command).

* Render can work without GL_ARB_map_buffer_range OpenGL extension.

* Fade LOD distances have no effect if 'render_alpha_fade' console variable is set to 0.

* Heavy refactoring of all shaders: performance has been improved. All standart shaders were moved to 'data/core/shaders/default' directory.

* Added a set of simplified shaders for mobile GPUs: they support only OpenGL/OpenGL ES and are limited to 8 texture slots. This set is available by using RENDER_SIMPLE define. All settings of simplified materials are compatible with default shaders.

* Added support of Adreno 200 mobile GPU.

* All materials use cubemaps for static reflections (mesh_reflection_2d_base, water_base materials).

* Fixed ObjectWater waves orientation in Direct3D.

* Added distance-based fading of refraction ('refraction_power' parameter).

* Added a new mesh_noise_base material with two sets of diffuse/normal/specular textures and one mask for both sets. It can be used to create various procedural effects like water, foam, clouds, lava, etc.

* The color of water foam is now tweakable.

* Negative refraction value in all materials is available (it inverts the direction of refraction).

* No more crashes on mobile GPUs without MRT support.

* Added samples with light dispersion and mesh_noise_base material.

Tools:

* Available OpenGL extensions are no longer checked in ResourceEditor.

* By importing COLLADA files, surfaces get their original material names.

* Fixed viewport corruption when the ResourceEditor is resized to a small window.

* Fixed skinned mesh export plugin for 3ds Max.

* Added flipping for terrain height maps and holes textures by importing/exporting them into UnigineEditor.

* Fixed a bug when reloading WorldTransform in UnigineEditor.

Other:

* Added PPM and PGM texture formats (P2, P3, P5 and P6).

* Increased the number of threads in the pool - no more thread shortage.

* CPU and GPU count is logged in log.html on startup.

* Opening/closing the console doesn't affect a permanent GUI focus.

* SOFT_MOUSE define is renamed to MOUSE_SOFT, USER_MOUSE is renamed to MOUSE_USER.

* Added 'extern_define' and 'extern_plugin' console variables.

* Added handling of button events in Flash movie clips.

* Fixed rendering of dynamic text in WidgetFlash.

* Fixed gotoAndStop() gotoAndPlay() and similar functions in Flash player.

* Fixed issues with binary XML format.

* Added support of dec; entities by XML parser.

* Fixed issues with Visual Studio C++ 2010 code generation.

* Added a new Package interface into C++ API for external file system access (can also be used to stream data from remote servers).

* Added support of C++ plugins for the Android version.

* Added support of assets directory in the Android version.

* Refactored an Android launcher (UnigineActivity Java class).

Documentation:

* Updated UnigineScript library documentation.

* Added "Using Tessellation" tutorial.

* Added "Adding Physics for Object" tutorial.

* Added "Principles of Operation / Rendering / Tessellation" article.

Apple taste

Unigine-powered OilRush, a naval strategy game running on a Macbook:

110408-oilrush-on-mac.jpg

Unigine demos running on Mac OS X (one of the latest 13" Macbooks) and iOS (iPad):

110408-unigine-apple.jpg

Hang on, the moment when both Mac OS X and iOS versions of Unigine will be available for licensing is coming very, very near.

Download links

Source version:

* Windows installer

* ZIP archive (includes Linux binaries)

Binary version:

* Windows installer

* ZIP archive (includes Linux binaries)

Tools pack can be downloaded from "Downloads" section of the portal: https://developer.unigine.com/fileserver/list/Tools

• Like 1

* Added 'extern_define' and 'extern_plugin' console variables.

Thanks a lot!

* Added a new Package interface into C++ API for external file system access (can also be used to stream data from remote servers).

When it is what I think, you made my day! :)

* Fixed issues with Visual Studio C++ 2010 code generation.

What issues? My binaries were all compiled with VS 2010, sometime it crash without any cause, is this the issue?

Do you have support for 3DMax 2012 in this release? Would be keen to look at the new unwrapping tools Autodesk has made available? If not, any chance on having it compiled before next version? :)

Also, I note "Fixed skinned mesh export plugin for 3ds Max" has anyone used BonesPro 4.5 as this is a different type of skin so the exporter doesn’t support would appreciate seeing the Unigine Max exporter allow support for this plugin. Makes skinning very enjoyable rather than a struggle.

Cheers, and thanks again for another update

Hang on, the moment when both Mac OS X and iOS versions of Unigine will be available for licensing is coming very, very near.

Hello. does that mean we purchase additional license for macos X?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is this really implemented? I cant find anything about this in documentation and in sources.

Is this really implemented? I cant find anything about this in documentation and in sources.

<unigine-sdk-root>/include/UniginePackage.h

<unigine-sdk-root>/source/api/UniginePackage.cpp

<unigine-sdk-root>/include/UniginePackage.h

<unigine-sdk-root>/source/api/UniginePackage.cpp

Thanks, I don't know how I've missed it. One more question, can I use Unigine::FileSystem::addPackage before Unigine::Engine::init to store all files in custom filesystem?

can I use Unigine::FileSystem::addPackage before Unigine::Engine::init to store all files in custom filesystem?

yes, I think so

• 1 month later...

Hi ,

I want to learn your 3D Engine.

Is there any SDK software learning edition for free ?

I cant download your SDK , it asks me password and its not accepting default password