[SOLVED] Landscape mask issue

photo

bug_landscape_mask.mp4Hello,

I'm creating a Landscape with a Mask with the Landscape Tool.

I added an elevation file (DT2), an imagery file (ECW), and a landcover file (geotiff). On the landcover I added a tag ("forest") matching a specific color, with 0 threshold. I then generated the terrain, and the landscape is correctly displayed in the Editor.

Then, in the Editor, I select the Landscape "Terrain Global" tab, scroll to the Mask section, and select the "forest" tag. All forest are correctly highlighted in the Editor (image 0.png). But as soon as I slightly move (the camera, or any slider, or anything), all the terrain flashes and is highlighted (image 1.png).

Did I miss something? Thanks.

1.PNG

0.PNG

Thanks!
Double checked your project and masks are acting as they supposed to.
I've created one mask, then I've added 5 more. Still works.

I'd like to specify a couple of things:
1. Is described mask behaviour present in attached project?
2. In the first place you tried to create masks with full set of sources: elevation, imagery and landcover. In this project I see only landcover image.
If it is possible, could you provide us with elevation and imagery sources? If not, could you say what resolution these sources have?
You can check resolution in Landscape tool, see the screenshot.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

resolution.PNG

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

i removed the elevation/imagery in the project because it does not influence the faulty behaviour. Indeed, in the project I send, the bug IS present, and is visible both in-editor and in-game.

I used a DT2 with 26.978m/px and a ECW with 8.726 m/px.

When the bug appears, it looks as if the mask was constantly switching between "mask: none" and "mask: forest". I attached a video screen cap showing the issue. Could it be a video card / driver issue ? (W7/64, GTX 980 + driver 378.66)

bug_landscape_mask.mp4

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Landscape mask issue