Problem about Terrain and Model with Projection

photo

Hi, Unitine

We use landscape tool to generate an ObjectGlobalTerrain with images in Beijing 54 Coordinate System(Beijing 1954 3 Degree GK CM 108E), as shown in the following figure.

156ba4k.jpg

2aaaath.jpg

Then we export an model generated with CityEngine inside Unigine. We export the model with EPSG projection:2433 /Beijing 1954. But the model doesn't match the right position in the terrain, as Show in the following figure.

xm90zt.jpg

29kvs7r.jpg

We wonder know is there any solution for this problem, because we are developing a software for people to find the longitude and latitude of models.

Thanks!

Hi,

Generated terrain uses cartesian enu coordinate system with origin taken from play area center in landscape tool. I don't know exactly about CityEngine, for instance in Global mapper current projection can be obtained using orthographic projection datum 84, and set parameters: CENTRAL_LONGITUDE/ LATITUDE as your play area center.

Hi, maxi

Thanks for the anwser. But it doesn't solve my problem.

I use the DEM and DOM in UTM Zone 48N datum WGS84 to generate terrain

2n1e5ft.jpg

Next I export a fbx file in UTM Zone 48N datum WGS84

15cbjhd.jpg

Then I import the fbx file into unigine editor, it doesn't match the correct position.

2vbsemd.jpg

How can I do for this? And I had upload the data to ftp://files.unigine.com, named NN_DATA.rar

Thanks

hi,silent

I wonder know, while we import the fbx file, can the model choose it's pivot automatically according to it's geographic information?

thanks!

cheng.ji_kai

There is no geo-reference support in FBX format available. Pivot point is already in the correct position, but the mesh geometry itself is way too far away from it. Inside Editor I'm afraid you can't change the Pivot point of the imported file.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

maxi,

I'm afraid I had misunderstood your idea, I can drag the pivot of model in the editor, I had upload a video to FTP server named NN_Terrain_Test20170525.mp4

and I mean weather the editor could put the model or pivot to the position instead of choosing the position by hand operation?

thanks! ^_^

• 3 months later...