Questions for Combining Meshes by LODs on Import fbx in editor

photo

Hi,

i trying option Combine by LODs in import fbx file in editor and i always get same result, i.e. it create 4 meshes with 2 surfaces.

The object structure in FBX is post-716-0-29564700-1489841647_thumb.png, where each object have multi material: MultiMat_0_lod_0, MultiMat_0_lod_1, MultiMat_0_lod_2 and MultiMat_0_lod_3.

Each multi material contain this materials: GIANT_RAT_lod_0 and GAINT_RAT_FUR_lod_0 for each object, i.e. GIANT_RAT_lod_1 and GAINT_RAT_FUR_lod_1, GIANT_RAT_lod_2 and GAINT_RAT_FUR_lod_2, GIANT_RAT_lod_3 and GAINT_RAT_FUR_lod_3.

The fbx import setting is post-716-0-71691700-1489841641_thumb.png.

When i push Ok button, the result is 4 mesh files that each have 2 surfaces post-716-0-14608900-1489841844_thumb.png.

I except that it create 1 mesh files with 8 surfaces.

So where is the problem?

Thanks.

Honya

Honya,

Sorry for the late reply.

LOD import is designed to work only with static geometry, not skinned. Currently we have no plans to extend such functionality for skinned meshes, sorry.

Anyway, I will add ticket to our internal bug tracker regarding this use-case.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 8 months later...

Skinned meshes are quite important. Actually it is cca 25 percent of our meshes (600+).  We are now using old workflow (old not supported 3ds max plugin), but this cant be used for ever. I understand reason, why you abandoned 3ds max plugin, but in such case fbx importer must be full replacement.