Spark smoke particles and collision

photo

I'm trying to achieve filling up a building with smoke using one or more particle emitters. It does not have to be fully functional smoke propagation system, simply increasing the spawnrate or lifetime over time from script will probably do as well to achieve the effect of more and more smoke entering the room. I've been experimenting with two setups, one with a single emitter (green) and with two emitters (red) where the second one is a spark emitter and the first one has the culling option enabled:

post-999-0-00682600-1488874953_thumb.jpg

At first it seems the spark emitter worked quite nice, but on closer look the sparks were getting stuck within the walls and roof, being partially visible on the opposite side. The single emitter does not have this, but it is a bit more tricky to control it, the sparks emitter allowed for having different parameters for particles from the original source and the ones spreading out through the room (after hitting the ceiling). However this getting stuck in the walls and ceiling is kinda ruining the effect, is there a way to fix it? Or is there another method that would achieve the same result?

Which samples are you referring to? I think I checked all of them (both the ones from the main SDK and the ones under demos) but I didn't find any samples dealing in particular with particle collision, most samples I see deal with sparks that are small in size and with a short lifetime, getting stuck in walls is not really noticeable in those situations.