Unigine 2.0 Editor scripts integration

photo

Hi,

We are migrating our application from Unigine 1 to 2.3.1, The first roadblock is Unigine Editor. Till Unigine 1, Editor was integrated to unigine libs and using editor in our world was easier. But now Editor is a separate entity. Our application depends on many other static libs,dlls without which our world and plugins wont be loaded correctly. Most of those libs either has business logic written in c++ Or are using Unigine's C++ API's

Please suggest a workaround by which we dont have to depend on external Editor.

Hello Priyank,

we have been facing the same problem. In C++, you can put most of your code and static librarys into a Unigine Plugin (so it ends up as a dll you can load also in Editor mode), see:

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.3.1/code/cpp/plugin

I haven't investigate if something similar exists for c# code.

As far as I know, the only thing you cannot achieve with C++ plugins is creating your own App class.

(We have implemented supersampling in our own App class).

Good luck with porting

Helmut

@Helmut Thanks for your help. Its interesting. I will try that out.   :)

However, I still think that It would be great if I could just load editor in application instead of changing the application to plugin.

I can still see that "editor_load" call exists in command line. Don't know whethere Unigine team intentionally kept that alive.

@Unigine_Support 

Is the only way I can work with editor is what Helmut suggested ? Can someone clarify?

Hi Priyank,

You can indeed call editor_load / editor_quit, but from the launched separately editor binary (editor_x64). If your application logic will be implemented as engine plugin you will be able to use editor with it as Helmut suggested.

Upcoming changes will be made to the new Editor (fully based on C++) - it will be loaded as dynamic library in runtime (almost like old script editor from Unigine 1). Release of this editor is planned for the next year (Q1, 2017).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 month later...

When shall we expect the above release with editor , can we have some precise release date ?

porting our app to plugin is not feasible solution as we have our own app class and we do our own event management and optimisations.

We tried porting our application as plugin but it is not stable and we had put many work-around , surely it can not go in our release

Hi Priyank,

Production-ready Editor2 (C++ dynamic library loaded on-fly) will be available later this year (Q2). In Q1 we will show Editor preview version (at least you can try to load it in your App implementation).

We are still looking for the Editor API requirements in this thread: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/3528-editor-extension-api/

If you can describe your needs in more details we can try to implement better support for them in the future. 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: