Looking for a little advice regarding hiring new programmers

photo

Greetings,

We here at Digital Arrow are looking to hire a couple of additional programmers, and I was wondering if anyone could provide us a little insight on any possible specifics we should look out for in possibly employees. In short, we have a general 'requirements' we have for a programmer which covers:

• knowledge of C++
  • ability to adopt specific scripting methods relevant to engine technology
  • OpenGL programming experience
  • good understanding of game play
  • ability to work independently and as part of a team
  • ability to take instruction and work to deadlines, tenacity and patience
  • creativity and problem solving skills

The above is something general we are looking for when it comes to programming. What I'm interested in, is if there is anything specific that a programmer should know (or could know) that would enhance his ability to adopt and work with Unigine technology.

If there is any question, ask freely and I'll try to clarify.

Thank you for you help.

In my experience, it's good to decide a kind of tasks a programmer is expected to work on as it will require specific skills.

For example:

• skeletal animation knowledge - might give you bonus in speed of characters animation development and allow faster creation of complex character behaviors;
  • understanding of principles of scene management and shaders programming - might give a bonus to FPS saving, speed of recovering from low FPS problems, and even bring unique effects;
  • game logic and game UI programming experience - might give you a user interface with nice and friendly feedback or efficient usage of standard tricks;

etc...