[SOLVED] Terrain mask paint crash

photo

Hi Jirka,

It seems that file is not uploaded correctly, we are getting archive errors on unpacking (more that 60 files are broken).

MD5 / SHA-1 of file that uploaded to FTP: 66075c94797222b693c9ec6d771a91d7 / 6ae9d00262f4a5f19c6ddcbde895b261ee6999ee

Could you please reupload file? 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

The problem is not reproduced in our terrain-samples, and it is only present in your scene.

Bug-report was added to our bug-tracker

Sorry for the inconvenice caused.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting,

We've tried your test sample with terrain and it's working fine. Are you using the same sample to verify? And did you upgrade it correctly to 2.3.1?

Do you have at least coordinaters where you painted and material that was used?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yes, there were no problems with update. I ve tried on desert area of the map. What was the cause of the crash, I mean what exactly was fixed? I will do some other tests and let you know.

I ve deleted everything in main project, kept only terrain and it keeps crashing.I ve exported this terrain, loaded in new 2.3.1 project and no crashing.

I ve tried to delete last 2 layers in main project. I ve added again first, no crashing. I ve added second. No crashing. I ve changed resolution of texture atlases to 2048 and it started crashing. I ve changed back to 256, it was also crashing.

Any ideas what to do? Do you have some developer debug .exe files, so I could generate you detailed logs, etc?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm afraid we still can't reproduce such behavior.

But the crashes may be connected with the wrong paths to the terrain textures in the project. Most of textures in the project that you've sent have the wrong paths:

- path in node/world: data/terrain/<texture_name>

- real path to the texture: data/unigine_project/terrain/<texture_name>

So, filesystem finds the textures using only the name of the file. If, due to collision, the texture has different type, it may cause the crash.

Please, try to check the textures: the easiest way to check if the texture is correct or not is to open it from the viewer ("eye" icon).

Please, check the "Type" field from viewer:

- for the array texture

- for the refined mask texture on the chunk of the terrain you paint on.

Both textures should be "2D array".

Also, if you would send us a callstack of the crash it may also help to get to the root of the problem faster.

Full instructions of how to get the callstack here: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/1409-how-to-submit-a-good-bug-report/

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm afraid we still can't reproduce such behavior.
But the crashes may be connected with the wrong paths to the terrain textures in the project. Most of textures in the project that you've sent have the wrong paths:
 - path in node/world: data/terrain/<texture_name>
 - real path to the texture: data/unigine_project/terrain/<texture_name>

So, filesystem finds the textures using only the name of the file. If, due to collision, the texture has different type, it may cause the crash.

Please, try to check the textures: the easiest way to check if the texture is correct or not is to open it from the viewer ("eye" icon).

Please, check the "Type" field from viewer:
 - for the array texture
 - for the refined mask texture on the chunk of the terrain you paint on.

Both textures should be "2D array".

Also, if you would send us a callstack of the crash it may also help to get to the root of the problem faster.
Full instructions of how to get the callstack here: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/1409-how-to-submit-a-good-bug-report/

Path is probably corrupted because of "export". I ve used export node plugin for terrain and some manual tuning (also this is reason for https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/3958-export-world/it is very time consuming to prepare clean scene without any errors in path, etc...). I ve checked main project, but there is no path issue (all textures are displayed properly), also after export to clean project there are no crashes. So I assume, that it is not problem of some wrong path.  Maybe it is caused by some "garbage", because main project is updated for years and sometimes there is some garbage left behind.

Callstacks seems like good idea, I will prepare some. Thanks!

• 1 month later...