Frame drop between unigine1 release project and unigine2 release

photo

So I am creating the same kind of project with appsurround plugin once in Unigine 1 (whatever version does not matter) and Unigine 2.2.1. Opengl both, Unigine1 project is also Ultra quality, 8x Antialliasing, 16x anisotropy, both same resolution, both release versions.... Unigine1 project runs with 300+ fps Unigine2 80 fps.... I am uploading photo captures and log files.... tell me what could be wrong cause I expect a huge frame drop for this project and i can not start from 80 frames...... 

Also another very important thing.... without any of my intentions some times the version of the engine i am using 'locks' at 60 fps, but without me changing any settings....

1) why???

2) how to 'unlock' the frame rate so my proects can run back as they used to.....??

thanks

post-55-0-59998000-1468704526_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-51495700-1468704534_thumb.jpg

my_project_log.htm

log.html

Hi Marinos,

I'm afraid this is expected behavior.

We explained this results in our devlog. In few words - you will have lower frame rate than it was before, but with loads increase you will have smaller frame rate drop. This happens because of the fully deferred rendering pipeline. For really simple scenes with single object and single light source Forward (Unigine 1) will be faster, but this is not a general use case of the engine.

You are also using not so powerful mobile GPU (560M as I can see in a log file). For deferred rendering the faster GPU memory is the better frame rate you will have.

In your case you can try to disable some post effects to increase overall performance. You can do it inside Editor (Rendering panel -> Features / Camera effects).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thank you very much... This is a test laptop i was using for an empty scene, my normal development station is much more powerful...i will read the devlog.....