[SOLVED] Export from 3DMax 2015 to Unigine 1.0

photo

hi

we use 3D MAX2015 and Unigine 1.0

i use 3d max2015  to export meshs and node in Unigine 1.0

is it impossible  exporter plugin 3d max 2015?

If, do you know the way, or have 3d max2015 plugin.

help me plz.

Hi Kim,

The latest supported version for Unigine 1.0 SDKs is 3ds Max 2014.

You can try to recompile 3ds Max plugin from sources: <SDK>/source/tools/plugins/Max. You will need to:

• Install 3Ds Max 2015 x64 (or only 3Ds MAX SDK);
  • Add environment variables:
     MAX_LOCATION = C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2015 // maxsdk directory should be inside it
     PATH = <UNIGINE_SOURCE_Dir>/externs/bin;%PATH%
Run build_x64.bat to build plugin for specified in MAX_LOCATION Max SDK.
Resulting *.dle plugins files will try to copy to the %MAX_LOCATION%\plugins\ directory.

You also can use Visual Studio 2010 and open solution from <SDK>/source/tools/plugins/Max directory.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 year later...

Hi @silent!

We still have a number of Unigine 1. x projects in support, and due to licensing issues are now faced with upgrading 3ds Max. We'd be happy to build the plugin ourselves, but we've only ever had the binary SDK, and hence don't have the required source (i.e. /source/tools doesn't exist in any of the SDKs on hand).

Is it possible to get hold of the plugin source code? I can image there are certainly IP issues involved here, and I have no idea how tightly coupled it is with the rest of the code base, but it would be great if it was possible.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Simon,

Could you please tell us the exact Unigine version that you required a plugins for? There was number of changes in mesh file format during the updates. We have only sources for 2014-07-07 plugin for now. Mesh format can be different there from 2013 or earlier SDKs versions.

Anyway, without full access to the engine sources it's not possible to build a plugin (since it required to have an access to the some internal framework files).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Wow, we're using something older than I thought: the November 2013 release (UNIGINE_Sim_binary_windows_2013-11-27.zip).

We could upgrade, but that does place some burden on our support projects, as we typically try to avoid large changes after delivery. In any case, I don't get to make those kinds of decisions; if there's absolutely no way to get the November 2013 version, I can pass that information along to those who do, and we'll make a business decision from there :).

Thanks silent! That was indeed enough to get the Max plugins to compile (after a bunch of "fun" porting it over to both Visual C++ 2012 and the 3ds Max 2016 SDK). So far we haven't encountered any issues during testing, so hopefully it's all good :).

I would be happy to feed the changes and binaries back to you, but that's probably a legal and licensing minefield. If you want to follow that up, let me know. Otherwise, it looks like everything is great from our perspective.

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Export from 3DMax 2015 to Unigine 1.0