Unigine SDK 2011-03-10

photo

Render:

* Terrain has been migrated from strips to simple triangles, from now on it supports hardware tessellation (only in DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0).

* Added a sample with terrain smoothed via hardware tessellation: data/samples/objects/terrain_01.

* Added distance-based gradual projection fading for decals.

* Added a sample with omni-directional decals: data/samples/decals/omni_00.

* Decals use their own 'two-sided' setting during projection rather than material one.

* Skinned meshes can be rendered into the velocity buffer for motion blur.

* Added a sample with translucent lightmaps: data/samples/lights/lightmap_01.

Tools:

* Fixed skinned mesh export in Maya plugins.

* Lightmapping tool inside of the UnigineEditor currently factors in light masks, shadow flags, two-sided option and translucence.

* Fixed clamp/level feature in NormalMapper.

* MeshViewer now shows the number of active bones in a selected surface.

* Added light and viewport masks for decals into UnigineEditor.

* Fixed OBJ files loading in Terrain tool.

Other:

* Fixed splash screens called within init()/shutdown() functions in the system script.

* WorldTransform has acquired new functions that allow to directly access its spline.

* Added support of PPM P2/P3 image file formats.

* Fixed the disappearance of wheels connected by JointWheel.

* Fixed the error after multiple calls of WorldTransform::play().

* Various WorldExpression bugfixes.

* Fixed WidgetFlash positioning.

* Added cross() for ivec3 in UnigineScript.

* Added support of button events in Flash (onRelease, onPress etc).

Documentation:

* Added info on Flash usage.

* Updated UnigineScript library documentation.

* Updated info on core math, data types and operators in UnigineScript.

PS: Mac OS X support is on the way.

Download links

Source version:

* Windows installer

* ZIP archive (includes Linux binaries)

Binary version:

* Windows installer

* ZIP archive (includes Linux binaries)

Tools pack can be downloaded from "Downloads" section of the portal: https://developer.unigine.com/fileserver/list/Tools

a little bug? every launch of main_x64.exe and load the editor, there will be a extern_info.h generated with in main_x64.exe's directory.

this might be useful, because the file contains all variables function, classes, almost everything in interpreter...

Got it, the file was generated by core/scripts/system.h, because the file defined EXPORT_EXTERN, so the script will always generate a file called extern_info.h

a little bug? every launch of main_x64.exe and load the editor, there will be a extern_info.h generated with in main_x64.exe's directory.

this might be useful, because the file contains all variables function, classes, almost everything in interpreter...

I forgot to disable it, sorry. We use this file internally for semi-automatic UnigineScript documentation merging.

knowing this is a good thing, because we can use it in our own editor for script auto-completion. right :mellow: :(

Hmm, that's an interesting idea.

knowing this is a good thing, because we can use it in our own editor for script auto-completion. right :) :lol:

I've disabled it in my build.

Very useful file :) I added it in Eclipse project's global includes and all Unigine classes now have code auto-complete - I dreamed about this feature from start using Unigine :)

• 3 months later...

Could I get a copy of this file...

I figured out how to use this in any editor.

#if ndef SKIP_BUILTINS

#include <..../extern_info.h>

#endif

then you have to add -extern_define SKIP_BUILTINS

to your launcher script.

Uncomment the following:

//#define EXPORT_EXTERN

in data/core/scripts/system.h and launch the engine: it will generate the requested file.

Uncomment the following:

//#define EXPORT_EXTERN

in data/core/scripts/system.h and launch the engine: it will generate the requested file.

Thankyou :(