Can't run any project

photo

Hello there,

I just downloaded the SDK, tried to setup a new project, but clicking on the "Run" button doesn't make anything...

So I tried to run it through a new terminal, as I found a "run.sh" in my project's folder, and I got an error:

---- Plugins ----
Loading "libCollada_x64.so"...
EnginePlugins::addPlugin(): can't load "libCollada_x64.so" library
libCollada_x64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I didn't found anything providing this library (even in bigger distributions' repositories).

I installed the package 0ad, which provides a "libcollada.so", but that's not the required library (I got another error, telling me that it can't load the required functions, then it crashed).

As you can see, I'm working on Linux (more precisely, Fedora 22; I'll on an ArchLinux if necessary).

I can't try on Windows.

Did I missed something during the SDK's setup?

Hi Luka,

We have a bug in released 2.2.1 SDK - it can crash on some Linux machines. We will try to provide you fixed engne libraries ASAP. Regarding the missing libCollada_x64.so - it should be our library, not from the 3rd party package. The warning message you get (libCollada_x64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory) should not cause the engine crash. Please, remove the 3rd party library to avoid any accidents in the future.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi,

Okay, I better understand the situation.

I removed the 3rd party library as I found it doesn't work.

I downloaded the last update, and it seems the problem changed.

For the last project, it's the same error, but when I created another project...

I got that, when it starts:

---- Plugins ----
Loading "libCollada_x64.so"...

---- Application ----
Loading "libGL.so.1"...
Loading "libopenal.so.1"...
Set 960x540 windowed video mode
X Error of failed request:  GLXBadFBConfig
  Major opcode of failed request:  155 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  34 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  53
  Current serial number in output stream:  52
AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

It seems to be an OpenGL error; however OpenGL seems to be working well on other applications, or personal projects.

Is it my fault?

Hi Luka,

If I understand you correctly, you are now using 2.2.1-2 SDK verison? We fixed that crash under Linux platforms.

OpenGL 4.4 is required for correct engine work under the Linux platform. It can be achieved with the latest proprietary nVidia or AMD GPU drivers. What GPU model are you currently using? 

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: