UnigineEditor 2

photo

We have been working for several months already on completely revamped UnigineEditor, it is to be introduced in 2.3 as experimental version (along with old version being used by default) and will become the default editor in 2.4. It was long awaited and finally we have resources to deliver it.

Main goals are:

• Usability
  • Fast content workflow
  • Performance
  • Extensibility

Current status is:

• Completely new core written in C++
  • Deep Qt integration
  • Hot loading of the editor in any running instance of the engine (similar to UNIGINE 1)
  • Multiple viewports
  • Placement tools
  • Scene navigation
  • Dockable UI elements: arrange toolbars and viewports as you wish
  • Deep assets browser integration, easy drag & drop assets manipulations

post-4-0-70282100-1463121232.jpg

We would like to share beta builds with active customers to get early feedback, the first beta builds are expected to be available in June.

PS: the UI is not the final one, proper UX/UI work is still in progress.

001.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

could you please make the editor HiDPI compatiable under windows?

I'm using a 4K monitor, but the launcher don't support hidpi, so everytime I open the launcher will kill my eyes. if hidpi support is not important now, please add a manifest to disable it under windows. it's very easy:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>

<assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">

<asmv3:application>
  <asmv3:windowsSettings xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">
    <ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware xmlns:ms_windowsSettings="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">false</ms_windowsSettings:dpiAware>
  </asmv3:windowsSettings>
</asmv3:application>

</assembly>

merge this manifest into exe file will do the trick, but really wish the editor will support hidpi under windows.

• 1 month later...