JointParticles Behavior - Vertices not staying put on small numbers of vertices.

I have been making a few different types of windsock objects lately and have been enjoying testing out different joint types. However there is one issue I have not been able to tackle. When using JointParticles it seems like there is a minimum # of vertices that must be included in order to get vertices to stay fixed relative to their joined body. 

I am hoping there is a simple fix and its just a matter of the right settings but so far I have been unable to find working settings for 1 set of vertices, the only solution I have found has been to include more vertices which works better for some types of windsocks then others. Any ideas?

If you look at the screenshots you will that 1x joint layer depth has vertices moving away from their base object, where as 2x joint layer depth the vertices stay put.

Thanks.

post-1632-0-23428800-1463020371_thumb.png

post-1632-0-76461800-1463020384_thumb.png

post-1632-0-66630300-1463020407_thumb.png

post-1632-0-77946600-1463020419_thumb.png

Hi Taylor,

Are you using Cloth Body, right? It can be actually very tricky to configure joints in that case, because some requirements form mesh geometry is also applied. More likely, you will have to use 2x joint layer depth in order to make things work.

We can also check some small sample from you with configured physical objects to get a better understanding what is going on.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: